We take your privacy very seriously. We protect the privacy of all information that we receive while you surf MSD Animal Health websites. This can be personally identifiable information (like your name and email address) or the technical information that your web browser and Internet Service Provider (ISP) send along with your online page requests.
Contents of this page:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected through the web site
2. The organisation collecting the information
3. How the information is used and with whom the information may be shared
4. The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under MSD Animal Health's control
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
6. How you can access the information and correct any inaccuracies in the information.
I. The information we collect
We may collect any information that you upload, download, communicate, obtain, receive or transmit through our website, including by way of filling out our contact form or our Registration Form.
This information is used for processing your online registration, request, or order and to otherwise enable you to access and use our website and the products and services we provide to you.
Without limiting the above, you also agree that, by providing us with your personal information, you expressly consent to us to use this information to:
- inform you about our activities, products and services;
- send you information, news or updates which you may be interested in;
- seek your views on our products and services; and
- improve our products and services.
We also log your web browser's request header information. This information is used for statistical purposes only.
II. The organisation collecting the information
We are Intervet Australia Pty Limited (ABN 79 008 467 034) (also known as MSD Animal Health).
III. How the information is used and shared
We do NOT make your email addresses or any other personally identifiable information available to any third party except the following and only for the purposes set out above for which the information was collected or as otherwise permitted by law:
- Our affiliated and associated companies;
- Our and our affiliated and associated companies' suppliers (including service and content providers'), retailers, contractors, dealers and agents;
- Government agencies or individuals appointed by a government responsible for the investigation and resolution of disputes or complaints concerning your use of our services and products;
- anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred;
- where you have otherwise consented (eg where you have nominated an Associated Clinic to whom we can disclose your personal information); or
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Some of the above entities may be situated outside Australia. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the persons and organisations to whom we disclose personal information are bound to protect the privacy of that personal information.
Web server log files.
We log your browser's request header information for statistical purposes only. We draw up these statistics because they contain important anonymous information which we use to improve the quality of the information that you find at our web site.
You agree that we may disclose aggregated, non-identifiable information regarding your use of the website and our products and services.
A cookie is a small unit of data that a Website can save to your browser's cookie file and temporarily stored on the hard disk of your computer. The same Website which stored the cookie (and no one else) can retrieve this information, even at a subsequent visit if they stored a "permanent cookie".
Cookies can be used by commercial websites to store items in your "shopping basket". They are also often used for saving the user IDs and passwords of websites with limited access (so that you don't need to enter it all the time).
IV. Security Procedures
MSD Animal Health has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to provide a high level of data security on our web and data servers. We won't disclose those measures for obvious reasons but you can be sure that we take reasonable precautions to protect all data from loss, misuse or alteration and to safeguard and secure the data you provide online. However, while we strive to protect your data after it has arrived at our servers, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is being transmitted over the Internet.
V. Your choices
We cannot process your requests and orders unless you enter your valid email address. Our online forms do not support anonymous requests. If you do not provide us with your personal information we may be unable to provide you with full access and use of this website and our products and services.
Web server log file information.
If you want to provide as little request header information as possible you can use services like Anonymizer.com to surf the web. They will cut certain information from your page requests, like your browser's name, your operating system, and the web address of the page that you looked at before you visit our site ("http_referer"). We do not recommend doing this. If you don't tell our program what web browser you use it assumes that the request originates from a non-standard web browser and will therefore run in a very simple mode without any advanced features.
VI. Accessing and correcting your information
If you want to know what personally identifiable information we have collected and stored about you please contact us. However, we may not be able to require third parties to provide you with the personal information which they hold of you.
Other circumstances where we may refuse to give you access include, but are not limited to, where:
- access would have an unreasonable impact on others peoples privacy;
- access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual;
- access would prejudice negotiations we are having with you;
- access would prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity or
- access would prejudice activities carried our by, or for, a law enforcement agency.
We may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by us to cover administrative costs and we may need to take measures to verify your identity. If we decline to grant access, we will give you a reason.
You can request deletion of your personal record at any time.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you may request us to correct that information. We will take reasonable steps to correct such personal information unless we disagree with you about whether the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.